Di bulan Februari yang penuh dengan cinta ini, apa yang akan Anda lakukan? Sibuk mengurus acara romantis Anda di hari Valentine yang jatuh di hari Minggu 14 Februari? Atau anda masih bingung memilih restaurant untuk tempat dinner anda dengan si dia? Apapun yang anda rencanakan, inilah saat yang tepat untuk anda mencurahkan isi hati anda dengan si dia.
Sebetulnya rumah anda-pun dapat digunakan untuk acara dinner romantis valentine day’s anda, asalkan didukung dengan dekorasi dan suasana yang tepat seperti lilin dan musik – terutama bagi anda yang dalam kondisi money tight, ini tidak berarti anda berdua tidak dapat menikmati fun. Oleh karena itu, kami ingin memberikan anda “back to basic” recipe untuk memasak “fine dining style” Indonesian Beef Rendang:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1kg diced beef
1 onion finely chopped
50g sachet Rendang spice paste
400ml can coconut milk
½ cup beef stock
½ cup desiccated coconut
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp kecap manis
Tomato wedges, diced cucumber and sliced red chilli, to serves
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 2 hrs
Heat the oil in a large, deep frying iPan. Cook beef in 4 batches over medium high heat until browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion to the pan. Cook for 5-7 mins until onion is soft and brown.
Add Rendang paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Return all meat to pan. Reserve 2 tbsp of coconut milk and add rest to pan with stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to very low and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hr, stirring occasionally.
Stir in coconut, sugar and kecap manis, and cook for 30 mins, stirring often so it doesn’t catch on bottom of pan, until liquid is almost all reduced. It should be quite a dry curry.
Serve topped with tomato, cucumber and chilli, with reserved coconut milk drizzled over.
This recipe is specially brought to you from MasterChef Australia.
During hot weather, for example in summer, ice cream and frozen dessert are the most appropriate meals for us. We can easily make good tasty ice cream at home. There are some tips and tricks to equip you on how to produce a good ice cream flavour. Let us have a look at these hints today so that nothing goes wrong when you make your own ice cream at home.
Ice Cream Making Tips and Tricks
Here are several tips and hints to assist you produce a good taste of frozen dessert:
• Ensure the percentage of air is about 20 to 50 percents to create the exact fluffiness and easiness of scooping the ice cream. The way to measure it is by determining the weight. 25 percents of air roughly weigh 17 ounces..
• Read the directions carefully on how to operate an ice cream machine or appliances
• The smoothness of ice cream texture is determined by how fast the ice cream freezes.
• Do not allow the ice cream to melt or re-freeze as it will result in a horrible mess of ice cream.
• Store ice cream in between -5 to 0° F.
• In order to produce a smooth texture, mix the churn-frozen ice cream the day before you freeze it.
• Do not fill the ice cream machine with more than two-third full to allow some room for expansion.
• If we put too much salt in the ice-packing mixture or overfill the inner container with ice cream mixture or churn too rapidly, the outcome of the texture can be granular.
• Do not add too much sugar or else the ice will not freeze as it should.
• The speed of the ice cream mixture freezing depends largely on the proportion of sugar or other sweetener.
• To avoid the formation of large ice crystals and to enhance the flavours, melted marshmallows, whipped cream or evaporated milk, gelatine, beaten eggs, rennet tablet or any other ingredients can be used.
• Evaporated milk has 3 times as much in volume when it is whipped while heavy cream has two times as much. You can substitute 1 cup of heavy whipped cream by 2/3 cup of whipped evaporated milk..
• In order to avoid ice crystals, we can add 1 packet of unflavoured gelatine for every 6 cups of ice cream mixture. Allow gelatine to become soft in ¼ cup of the mixture and heat it delicately until it is melted. Then add them to the remaining mixture and continue
• Once the ice cream making process completes, put it in the freezer for four hours before it is ready to be consumed. This will allow the flavour and the texture of the ice cream to develop nicely.